As an only child, I had plenty of time to people watch and make things up. When I didn’t think I could make a living at the latter, my love of people led me to a BA in Psychology instead. A few years and three kids later, I discovered the thrill of writing. Writing lets me harness my seemingly endless supply of energy and enthusiasm and create something of value in the wake.
I’m excited to have a place where I can journal my progress, failures and all. Getting a manuscript published is a labor of love, a test of skill, character and fortitude. I write, and read, and edit, and fret. It’s become evident to me that this endeavor must be chronicled. So, here it is. This is my journey, my Musings From The Slush.
I started my writing career in 2012 with Turquoise Morning Press who allowed me to be a part of both their Summer Shorts & the Men In Uniform Anthologies. Later, my debut novella Bloom launched their new line of Honey Creek books and my Seeds of Love series. I cannot thank them enough.
I’ve kept writing and learning and failing and trying from day 1. I’m far too hardheaded to give up, and the work is paying off, but for me it’s a slow trek, not a speedy rocket ride. I’m incredibly thankful for that. Since 2012, I’ve published many novels with other publishers like Carina Press, Harlequin Worldwide Mystery, Lyrical Press (Kensington), and Merit Press. My newest venture is a cozy mystery series with Crooked Lane Books where I will write as Julie Chase. I’ve also written my first Christmas cozy mystery as Jacqueline Frost, and I’m joining Harlequin Books as an Intrigue author!
Here’s a growing list of my titles:
- To be named, Harlequin Intrigue, book 1 (January 2018)
- To be named, Harlequin Intrigue, book 2 (February 2018)
- Cat Got Your Cash, book 2 in The Kitty Couture Mysteries (April 2017)
- Cat Got Your Secrets, book 3 in The Kitty Couture Mysteries (September 2017)
- The Twelve Slays of Christmas, book 1 in a new cozy Christmas series (October 2017)
- In Place of Never, YA contemporary romance, Lyrical/Kensington (February 2016)
- A Geek Girl’s Guide to Arsenic, book 2 in the Geek Girl Mysteries, (March 2016)
- What She Wanted, YA contemporary romance, Lyrical/Kensington (July 2016)
- A Geek Girl’s Guide to Justice, book 3 in the Geek Girl Mysteries (October 2016)
- Cat Got Your Diamonds, book 1 in The Kitty Couture Mysteries, my new cozy series with Crooked Lane Books (November 2016) – Written as Julie Chase
- A Geek Girl’s Guide to Murder, book 1 in the Geek Girl Mysteries, my new cozy series with Carina Press (August 31st)
- Goddess, book 2 in Calypso, my YA pararom series with Lyrical Press/Kensington (October 13th)
- Murder Comes Ashore, book 2 in The Patience Price Mysteries, my cozy mystery series with Carina Press
- Murder in Real Time, book 3 in The Patience Price mysteries, my cozy mystery series with Carina Press **Available through Harlequin Direct to Consumer Book Clubs Fall 2015
- Prophecy, book 1 in Calypso, my YA pararom series with Lyrical Press/Kensington
- Written on Her Heart, a Honey Creek sweet romance
- Reinventing Chloe, YA mystery
- Deceived, YA Suspense with Merit Press
- A Beautiful Pointe, a Honey Creek sweet romance
- Murder by the Seaside, book 1 in The Patience Price Mysteries, my cozy mystery series with Carina Press. **Available through Harlequin Direct to Consumer Book Clubs Fall 2014
You can now visit me at my author site JulieAnneLindsey.com