A lot has happened over the past six months. Like, a whole lot. As a result, I’ve fallen away from blogging in favor of making contracted deadlines and self-imposed ones.
Busy busy busy
My stress level is creeping toward insanity levels, but insanity is my sweet spot, so it’s all good.
I’m basically a high functioning caffeine-addict. Thank you, Writer-Life.
Here’s a quick catch up on all the things and stuff I wanted to blog about, but didn’t get to in a timely manner:
These are not in any particular order….
1. I signed two new contracts for a total of 5 upcoming releases in 2015-2016.
** 2 contemporary YA titles from Lyrical Press
**3 cozy mystery titles with Carina Press
2. Murder in Real Time, book 3, The Patience Price Mysteries, was picked up for Harlequin’s book club distribution
3. Murder in Real Time was also selected for a new retail trial program with Harlequin
4. I’ve been to a legit zill author/book events on the East Coast and throughout Ohio. It’s been fun. I love to go. Please invite me. I will come.
5. A Geek Girl’s Guide to Murder, my upcoming August cozy release, is available for request on NetGalley!
REQUEST IT HERE: https://s2.netgalley.com/catalog/book/64955
6. A Geek Girl’s Guide to Murder was requested by Alloy Entertainment a couple months ago. Alloy is a Warner Brothers affiliate and they requested an advanced copy from Harlequin. Yes. I die every time I share that news.
7. I parted ways amicably with my agent. It was the scariest thing I’ve done as an author, but necessary…I think. I’ll talk more about this later.
8. I’ve entered short stories into 2 anthologies
9. I entered the opening chapters of a new work for the Stafford Award
10. I’m planning my trip to New Orleans for the Red Carpet Awards in July. Murder Comes Ashore was a mystery finalist. I CAN NOT WAIT.
That’s the scoop.